Website Stellenbosch University
Purchasing and Provision Services
Buyer (Five-year contract appointment)
- Administrating and coordinating the total purchasing and tender processes (placement, dispatching, shipment, follow-up of orders, and the timeous payment of orders);
- Obtaining quotes and tenders;
- Liaising with staff, students and the public in terms of enquiries with regards to purchasing-related issues, as well as the application of the purchasing and tender policy of the University;
- Purchasing products and services;
- Product and market research.
- A post-matric qualification in purchasing;
- At least four years’ experience as buyer, specifically regarding the procurement of furniture and the compiling of furniture specifications (relevant knowledge will be tested during the interview);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client service (internal and external);
- Ability to work within a team;
- Good language and communication skills in at least English;
- Integrity, trustworthiness, conscientiousness and honesty;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office;
- Good judgement;
- Good time management skills;
- A valid code EB driver’s licence.
Commencement of duties: 1 Januarie 2019
Closing date: 6 November 2018
Enquiries regarding this post: PC Basson on 021 808 4500, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.