FIRE FIGHTER TRAINEE (2 POSTS)
Salary Scale: R36 000.00 p.a.
No Municipal benefits will apply (pension, medical aid, etc.) and applicants are
required to make their own arrangements in this respect.
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Fire Fighter I and II
• Disaster Management qualification will be an added advantage
• C1 driver’s licence
• Be physically fit and able bodied
• Be able to run 2 – 4 kilometres
• Ability to communicate in both isiZulu and English
• No criminal record or pending cases
• Must not be more than 35 years of age.
Key performance areas:
• Take part in responding to fire, hazmat and disaster incidents as and when required
• Participate in conducting assessments during disaster incidents as and when they occur with the aim of providing relief to the affected victims
• Participate in fire safety inspections
• Participate in burning of fire breaks
• Participate in conducting of fire and disaster management awareness
• Take part in cleaning of all firefighting equipment and the fire station
• Participate in conducting emergency drills and exercises
• Perform any other functions as may be directed by the Chief Fire and Disaster Management Officer
and other Supervisors within the fire station.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
A signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together
with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and
Identity Document, must be forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, P O Box
132, Ixopo 3276 by not later than 16h30 on 17 August 2018. Faxed applications
will not be accepted. If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the
closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be directed to: The HR Officer, Ms B. Nondabula at (039)
Council reserves the right not to make any appointment into the above
G.M. SINEKE – MUNICIPAL MANAGER