Department of Transport and Public Works
EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS
FOOD SERVICE AID: TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES (10 POSTS AVAILABLE) CAPE TOWN
Reference number: TPW 2019-65
Salary: R102 534per annum (Salary Level 2)
Enquiries person: Ms W Groenewald at 021 483 5423
- The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government aims to employ 10 individuals to render food services and general support. These posts are based in Cape Town.
- Basic literacy and numeracy (ABET level).
- Applicable cleaning and general support services as required.
Key performance areas:
- Ensure safekeeping and record of all cutlery, crockery, groceries and material pertaining to food services and kitchen appliances
- Assist the Conference Coordinator with the preparation and set up for meetings as per bookings
- Cleaning of kitchen and appliances
- Report defects of equipment
- Assistance with reception duties at Directorate’s office
- Assist with the setup and cleaning of the boardroom at Directorate’s offices after meetings and liaise with the Director’s office to ensure the serving of tea/coffee is timeous.
- Communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to work individually and part of a team.
Closing date: 13 May 2019
NB: Applicants from relevant local communities will receive preference. The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
To apply, please complete an application form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement. The post being applied for and the reference number must be clearly indicated on the Z83 application form.
To submit your application, only use 1 of the 3 options available: (1) Hand deliver to: Affirmative Portfolios, Unit 14, 1st floor, 3 Canal Edge, Tyger Waterfront, Carl Cronje Drive, Bellville, 7530 (Between 08:00 and 17:00). (2) Postal address: PO 5496, Tyger Valley Centre Parking Area, Bellville 7536. (3) E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Only one application will be accepted per job. Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as faxed applications will not be considered.
The WCG is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.