Western cape Government
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
The Department of Health is guided by the
principles of Employment Equity. Candidates
with disabilities are encouraged to apply and
an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
26 October 2018
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za)
must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post.
Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualifi cation verifi cation, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
RED CROSS WAR MEMORIAL CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, RONDEBOSCH
FOOD SERVICES AID
REMUNERATION: R96 549 PER ANNUM
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND MEDICAL AID ALLOWANCE
Basic literacy and numeracy.
Appropriate food preparation experience in an industrial food service unit in a hospital environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts during the day, weekends and public holidays
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and supplies.
- Ability to read, speak and write in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Knowledge of appropriate hygiene and safety procedures in an industrial food service unit
- Ability to handle industrial equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to prepare a meal for a large number of people.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Pre-prepare and prepare meals for normal and special diets
- Dish up and distribute meals
- Assist with the receipt and storage of food supplies
- Maintain general hygiene in the food service unit
- Follow hygiene and safety directives for the use of apparatus and equipment
- Report broken apparatus and equipment
- Maintain safety measures for apparatus and equipment
- Assist with the informal in-service training as required.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
Enquiries: Ms M Coetzee, tel. 021 658 5407
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ATTENTION OF MS T NQOLA, TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, RED CROSS WAR MEMORIAL CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, PRIVATE BAG X5, RONDEBOSCH 7700.