The Necsa group of companies is an equal opportunity employer with a staff complement of approximately 2000 professionals and support personnel. Its mandate is among others, to undertake and promote research and development (R&D) in the field of nuclear energy and radiation sciences and technology.
Necsa’s main operations are located on a 2500 hectare property that is managed as a nature reserve situated 30km from Pretoria, in an attractive environment in the hills near Hartbeespoort Dam.
Group Chief Executive Officer
- Three-year fixed term contract
- Ref No: G1M01NE0001
- Salary Band: Market-related remuneration and benefits
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the Necsa Group in order to position it as a globally leading provider of nuclear research, technology and products.
The incumbent would be accountable to the Necsa Board of Directors for ensuring the financial sustainability and profitability of the Group, fulfilling the legislated mandate of Necsa and meeting both workforce and public safety requirements by means of:
- Leading the development and/or refinement of Necsa Group’s vision and corporate and financial strategy aimed at ensuring sustainability of the organization
- Ensuring relevant high quality research outputs linked to commercialization and revenue generation imperatives
- Driving experimental development, industrialization, commercialization of technology and sweating of Necsa assets for commercial purposes
- Identification of new business opportunities and partnerships locally and internationally
- Guiding corporate and product development and marketing nationally and internationally, to strengthen the Necsa brand and to grow sales and research grant income
- Promoting strategic and mutually supportive relationships between Necsa and its subsidiary companies
- Ensuring a top quality nuclear licensing capability
- Ensuring globally benchmarked best practice in nuclear safety, security and safeguards
- Facilitating business and organizational transformation in line with South African laws
- Developing and implementing human resources policies, programmes and strategies to ensure a healthy working environment, learning organisation and a culture of high performance
- Promoting good governance, a culture of compliance and a high standard of ethics
- Promoting public understanding of nuclear technology
- Building sound stakeholder relations at local, national and international levels
- Ensuring performance of the organisation according to objectives and performance targets.
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Strategic leadership capacity
- Multi-disciplinary technology management
- Understanding of the National System of Innovation, relevant statute related to nuclear and global nuclear industry
- Knowledge of nuclear, radiation science and technology and their applications
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Leadership skills
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Excellence orientation
- High performance and results driven
- Strong networking and collaboration.
- At least an appropriate post graduate qualification in management or leadership
- At least 15 years’ experience in research and technology focused organizations or companies
- At least 15 years’ management experience, of which 10 years must be in an Executive position
- A post graduate degree in either Nuclear, Radiation Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering will be an added advantage.
Closing date: 21 June 2019
For enquiries, please contact: Monde Mondi, tel. 012 305 4920.
Interested candidates should forward updated CV with certified copies of your educational qualifications to Lydia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Necsa Group is committed to Employment Equity when recruiting. Therefore, priority will be given to people from designated groups, in support of achieving our Employment Equity targets. Candidates should be willing to undergo security clearance as part of Necsa Group on-boarding/appointment process. Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.