City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT ● ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
HABITAT RESTORATION COORDINATOR
BASIC SALARY: R417 967 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: SPE 15/21 ● VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- A relevant four-year degree in Botany, Restoration Ecology, Horticulture, or a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the Fynbos Biome and practical ecological restoration
- Experience in Fynbos propagation will be essential
- Experience in managing staff will be essential
- Experience in project management will be essential
- A Master’s degree will be advantageous
- Experience in running a fynbos restoration facility will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Preparing, coordinating, planning and implementing complex habitat restoration programmes across the City’s Protected Areas Network with input from various specialists and the site’s operational staff
- Effectively record, maintain and manage a stock inventory database
- Providing expert input in restoration projects where needed and compiling strategic documents to guide best practice and restoration facility operations
- Coordinating and managing the restoration facility
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress and outcomes of all active restoration programmes to all relevant stakeholders;
- Promoting partnerships with external organisations and citizen groups
- Conducting research on a regular basis to keep abreast of latest developments within the field of Restoration Ecology
- Keeping detailed records and managing documentation to ensure that the status of all restoration efforts and species interventions are captured and included in the Biodiversity Network
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 14 May 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.