Western Cape Government
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS
HANDYMAN: ELECTRICAL MECHANICAL AND
Reference number: TPW 2018-245
Salary: R115 437 per annum (Salary level 3)
Enquiries: Mr A Manuel at 044 805 8900
Job purpose: The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape
Government seeks to employ an individual to execute day to day maintenance of
owned and leased buildings in accordance with lease agreements occupied by
provincial departments. This post is stationed in George.
ABET Level 4
• A valid Code B/EB driver’s licence
• Appropriate experience and knowledge of building maintenance, carpentry, electrical and plumbing
Key performance areas:
Preparation of tools for execution of duties
• Replace external and internal lights and bulbs
• Repair power plugs
• Repair/replace door locks, window panes, carpets etc.
• Reset circuit breaker/earth leakage (short circuits)
• Investigate and replace/repair power skirtings
• Plumbing works
• Ensure workshop, equipment and tools are kept in good order.
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
The WCG is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
Closing date: 12 November 2018