Website Harry Gwala District Municipality
HARRY GWALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
The Harry Gwala District Municipality situated in IXOPO invites applications from innovative and committed individuals for the under mentioned positions.
Salary Grade D4: R418 814.62 – R455 396.26 p.a. (plus applicable benefits)
• Ref No. SOC 5/5/4/2/1
• Grade 12/Matric
• NQF Level 6/7 in Environmental Management, Cartography/GIS
• 4 years’ applicable experience in GIS in a Local Government environment
• Computer literacy (MS programs and Geographic Information System – GIS Arc View)
• Knowledge of CAD will be an added advantage
• A valid Code B/EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
• Responsible for the developing and implementing of strategies for the establishment, implementation, awareness creation and development of an organizational-wide Geographic Information system (GIS)
• Source, process and store spatial data in GIS format • Use various methods, technology and applications to produce and publish GIS data for planning and operational purposes
• Perform specific applications associated with setting and maintaining corporate procedures of Geographic Information Section of the shared services
• Direct and control outcomes associated with utilization productivity and performance of personnel within the GIS section
• Perform specific applications associated with maintaining geographic information records and database
• Attend to the production of information in various forms (reports, maps) used in analysis, discussion and decision-making processes
• Disseminate functional and operational information on the immediate, short and long-term objectives and current developments and constraints
• Perform specific tasks/activities associated with the provision of administrative support.
RISK MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Salary Grade D1: R311 003.33 – R337 995.56 p.a. (plus applicable benefits) • Ref No. MM 5/5/4/2/2
• Grade 12/Matric • A National Diploma NQF level 6/B. Degree in Risk Management or relevant qualification
• Computer literacy
• A valid Code 08 driver’s licence
• 3 years’ experience working in a relevant field
• Professional registration with the Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA) will be an added advantage.
Key performance areas:
• Support the Risk Manager with the implementation of the risk management framework and fraud prevention strategy
• Identify and analyse risks in the respective departments
• Profile key compliance aspects in relation to Legislation, policies, procedures and controls and monitor
• Profile and investigate operational incidences, identify and analyse control deficiencies and advise
• Monitor the implementation of risk strategies by management
• Perform monitoring by observations over critical processes
• Update municipal risk registers
• Prepare comments and opinions on observations of specific processes, procedures, controls and systems
• Educate and create awareness on embedding risk management
• Educate and create awareness on fraud risk and municipal strategies to manage fraud risk
SOCIAL SERVICES AND DEVELOPMENT PLANNING DEPARTMENT OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
All enquiries should be directed to:
The Human Resources Office at tel. (039) 834 8756/5504.
Closing date: 17 November 2017 not later than 15H00.
Applications must be submitted with an Application Form which can be found on our website accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of educational qualifications and driver’s licence must be addressed to The Municipal Manager for attention: Miss N. Lungwengwe, Executive Director: Corporate Services, Harry Gwala District Municipality, Private Bag 501,
.NB: Canvassing with Councillors and Management will lead to disqualification. Further correspondence will be confined to short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. The Council reserves the right not to continue with the interviews and appointments thereof if it feels that no suitable candidates could be found.
MRS A.N. DLAMINI: MUNICIPAL MANAGER
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.harrygwaladm.gov.za/index.php/contact →