Head Chef Philadelphia
R14 000 – R18 000 p.m. (cost-to-company)
The incumbent will be responsible for the following
• Menu design and food costing
• Food preparation in line with modern trends and demands
• Managing staff on a daily basis (kitchen and front-ofhouse)
• Stock control and suppliers liaison
• Ensuring proper food and safety standards
• Reporting to the General Manager and giving input with regard to
day-to-day operations and promotions
• Financial systems and controls
• Planning, coordinating and executing events.
The ideal candidate will meet the following
• A relevant degree or diploma in culinary arts
• Minimum of 5-10 years’ proven practical experience as Chef
• Computer literacy (knowledge of accountancy systems and Excel)
• sStrong leadership and management skills
• Detailorientated and good organisational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Multitasking and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Candidates must have their own transport, be willing
to travel a farm road, and must ideally reside near
the Philadelphia region (Durbanville/Melkbosstrand/
If you meet the requirements, please submit a
condensed CV to Bernabe Strydom, at
firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 September 2018. If you
have not received any feedback within two weeks
after the closing date you may assume that your
application was unsuccessful.
Capaia Wines, an elite wine estate with their
well-known Restaurant Mariella’s, currently has a
vacancy within its dynamic management team.