City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT ● ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
HEAD: COASTAL MANAGEMENT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: SPE 17/21
- A recognised degree in the Environmental, Conservation, Marine, Oceanography or related coastal field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience at an appropriate level in coastal\environmental management with demonstrable experience in dune management, estuary management, and coastal ecosystems management
- Demonstrable project management experience, from planning and inception through to close-out
- Staff management experience\leadership skills
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining all aspects of the coastal environment and coastal ecosystems across the City’s entire coastline on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that all relevant national legislation and municipal bylaws are implemented and adhered to by both the private and public sector
- Providing detailed technical input and approvals into all decision-making processes that may impact the coastal environment
- Responsible for the managing and rehabilitating of all dune systems
- Managing and overseeing the implementation of day-to-day repairs and maintenance and upkeep of the coastline
- Liaising with Ward and Sub Councils on local area coastal matters
- Coordinating responses to Coastal Emergencies
- Working with the Coastal Engineers to design and implement coastal rehabilitation projects and programmes, coastal erosion protection measures and coastal defence systems
- Playing a leading role in ensuring effective Integrated Coastal Management in the City through working across line departments and organisations to protect and manage the City’s coastal environment
- Managing the coastal management team.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 11 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.