City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SAFETY AND SECURITY ● LAW ENFORCEMENT, TRAFFIC AND COORDINATION ● COMMAND CENTRE
HEAD: EPIC COMMAND CENTRE
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R912 469 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: SS 18/21
- A relevant tertiary qualification, namely BTech/B Degree/National Diploma
- Five (5) years’ supervisory experience in public safety or relevant industry experience with command and control software solutions.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft client/server platforms and web-based solutions.
- A valid Code B driver’s licence
- No criminal record.
Key performance areas:
- Identifying and defining projects within the EPIC Command Centre
- Identifying and defining the immediate short- and long-term objectives of the EPIC Command Centre
- Preparing capital and operating estimates and controls expenditure
- Assisting with the preparation of operating estimates relating to the staff budget
- Directing and controlling outcomes associated with utilisation, productivity and performance of staff
- Coordinating the facilitation and implementation of working groups within the Directorate
- Creating a platform for meaningful input into strategies and programmes
- Managing and coordinating communication and flow of information within the Directorate.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 14 May 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.