City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH – RECREATION AND PARKS
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM – REF NO: RP 13/21 – AREA CENTRAL AND AREA SOUTH
- A tertiary qualification in Horticulture or a similar field
- Up to eight (8) years’ relevant experience in parks management
- Knowledge of Local Government and related legislation; policies and procedures; the Occupational Health and Safety Act; cemetery management, burial procedures and norms; budget and cost control; and asset and risk management
- Experience in landscaping, horticulture, playground infrastructure or similar contracts management will be an advantage
- Computer literacy (MS Office Applications)
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Identifying and defining objectives, priorities and plans for the sub-area
- Managing and developing staff
- Managing finances and assets
- Undertaking administration management, including handling of complaints, requests, enquiries, correspondence, and general support
- Managing communication in the area between internal and external stakeholders
- Providing input into land matters
- Undertaking operational management relating to parks, open spaces and cemeteries amongst others including the management of projects, contract management and programmes, horticultural practices and administration.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 16 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.