The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● BULK SERVICES ● CATCHMENT STORMWATER AND RIVER MANAGEMENT
HEAD: MAINTENANCE (CATCHMENT STORMWATER AND RIVER MANAGEMENT)
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 162 715 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 108/21 ● WATER AND SANITATION HEAD OFFICE, BELLVILLE
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in project management, infrastructure management, maintenance, repair and refurbishment (catchment, stormwater and river systems), and management experience at a senior level
- Registration with a relevant professional body would be an advantage
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Leading and managing the maintenance section by ensuring adequately skilled, competent technically, qualified individuals and teams can deliver the defined services on time.
- Developing strategy, and leading and managing the compilation of schedules of candidate projects and needs-based budgets for the maintenance, rehabilitation and minor capital works for catchment, stormwater and river infrastructure by ensuring that budgets are quantified and adequately planned for the implementation of prioritised works
- Leading and managing the implementation of maintenance, refurbishment and minor capital works projects for catchment, stormwater and river infrastructure, including the management of professional services providers and contractors.
- Managing the issuing of wayleaves and permits to service authorities and contractors
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.