Inxuba Yethemba Municipality
Inxuba Yethemba Municipality is a Local Municipality established in terms of the Local Government Municipal Structures Act 117/1998 and is composed of the towns of Middelburg and Cradock. Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the below mentioned post. The Municipality is subscribing to the prescripts of employment equity as espoused in the relevant legislation and Policy Framework.
Salary Scale: R235 596 – R305 796 p.a. (Task Grade T11) Car allowance.
• Erratum • Notice No: 04/2019
• Degree/National Diploma in Human Resources with 5 years’ relevant experience in the Human Resource • Computer proficiency in MS Word programmes (essential) • Valid driver’s licence (Code 08) • Supervisory skills • Prudent communication skills (written and oral) • Efficient interpersonal skills • Proficiency in report writing.
Key performance areas:
• Provide administrative support the local job evaluation committee • Administration of employee benefits • Compile reports on job evaluation and job description for Council Committees • Take minutes in the local job evaluation committee • Ensure that the quality of job description received from departments are of the acceptable standard
• Be responsible for submission of employment equity report and monitor the compliance on employment equity plan for the Municipality • Ensure the accuracy of attendance registers and leave records and ensure these are complying with relevant administrative procedures in compliance with audit requirements in conjunction with Labour Relations • Develop job descriptions update periodically • Support Corporate Services Director in implementing all HR related activities as well as related policies and procedures • Properly advise employees on the benefits • Administration of employee benefits • Compile reports periodically for Council Committees • Take minutes in shortlisting and interview sessions and submit these to the MM
• Assist during the audit processes to avail required information.
For general enquiries contact: Mr M.W. Mbebe, tel. (048) 801 5045, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be willing to be subjected to an interview and competency assessment and must be aware that previous employers and references will be contacted and their qualifications, credit and criminal record will be verified. The candidates will be required to disclose all
Application forms are available on the Inxuba Yethemba website (www.iym.gov.za)
A comprehensive CV, original certified copies of Identification Documents, qualifications, and driver’s licence must accompany the application form and must be posted to: Inxuba Yethemba Municipality, P O Box 24, Cradock 5880 or hand deliver to: The Cradock Municipal
Inxuba Yethemba Municipality is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Please take note: ONLY hard-copy applications will be considered. No electronic or faxed applications will be accepted. No late applications will be considered. Canvassing of Councillors with the purpose of being appointed is not permitted and proof of such canvassing shall lead to disqualification. If you receive no feedback from us within 12 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Inxuba Yethemba Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment and to
re-advertise before a shortlist is compiled.
MR XW MSWELI: MUNICIPAL MANAGER