Website Department of Health
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Industrial Technician General Engineering Production
DIRECTORATE: HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (CLINICAL ENGINEERING, GOODWOOD) ELECTRONICS UNIT
REMUNERATION: R257 508 PER ANNUM
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND MEDICAL AID ALLOWANCE
Requirements: Minimum educational qualification:
- National Diploma (T or N or S stream) Electronics / Electrical – light Current or Mechatronics or Bio-medical or registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as a professional Engineering Technician.
- Appropriate experience with repair and maintenance to electronic circuits, systems, and related medical equipment or demonstrate an aptitude for this type of work.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid driver’s (Code B/EB) license and competent to drive
- Willingness to work overtime, stay overnight and travel throughout the Western Cape Province.
- Excellent ability to fault find and repair down to the component level
- Practical hands-on experience with repair of electronic equipment
- Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Complete tasks within deadlines
- Liaise with clients with regard to information and work progress
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ensure continuity of service by assisting other Units, prioritizing work and consideration of operational requirements and assist with training of staff and operators
- Requesting of parts and service via Logis system
- Maintaining of maintenance management and internal records
- Write reports and assist with specifications
- Carry out maintenance, repairs, and installation of electronic and related medical equipment
- Visit institutions to maintain service routes and preventative maintenance schedules.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for the post. Candidates will be required to undertake a practical test.
Inquiries: Mr. K Lutchman/ Mr. G Lee, tel. 021 591 7126
Closing Date: 7 June 2019
Applications are submitted online via www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.westerncape.gov.za.