The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE • SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT • PLANNING
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN: CCTV
CANDIDATES WHO APPLIED UNDER SWM 5/20 MUST NOT RE-APPLY
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM: R1 026 140 – R1 427 026 PER ANNUM • REF NO: SWM 12/21 • CAPE TOWN CIVIC CENTRE
- A relevant National diploma/degree in Information Technology
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ relevant experience as per KPAs
- One (1) year’s experience in a CCTV infrastructure environment (essential)
- Exposure to access control and alarms systems
- Physically fit and able-bodied
- A valid Code EB (08) driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Performing specific duties associated with the effective operation of specialised infrastructure
- Coordinating the repair of equipment
- Providing ongoing training to staff on how to use the provided equipment as a valued asset
- Assisting in the project development and sign-off based on business input and objectives
- Assisting in the budgetary process by providing input and requirements of future projects
- Ensuring that Occupational Health and Safety Act protocols are adhered to when external staff work and enter Waste Services facilities to carry out work
- Performing specific tasks associated with effective reporting of assets being procured and decommissioned
- Researching latest trends, best practices and creating profile templates based on specific facility requirements and needs to ensure that solutions are efficiently utilised
- Providing CCTV download and viewing support when required to internal and external stakeholders
- Establishing communication network between contractors and IS&T specialised equipment staff to facilitate mechanism to share ideas
- Performing specific applications associated with provision of technical support around specialised equipment.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 4 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.