TEMPORARY LABORATORY ANALYST
Distell Ltd, a leading producer of wines, spirits, ciders and flavoured alcoholic
beverages of high quality, invites applications from suitably qualified and
experienced individuals for the abovementioned position based at the
Reporting to the Quality Controller, your key performance areas
would include, but are not limited to:
• Performing accurate and timeous analysis
• Implementing standards and maintaining laboratory accreditation
• Maintaining the quality management system and good laboratory practices
• Maintaining laboratory equipment and instruments in area of responsibility
• Performing relevant administrative duties
• Assisting in problem-solving.
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills
• Relevant working experience in an analytical laboratory (work experience in wine related intrinsic laboratory will be advantageous)
• Degree Diploma in Natural Science (e.g. Food Technology or Analytical Chemistry)
• Strong numerical aptitude and analytical abilities are essential
• Proven computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Outlook (knowledge of LIMS
will be considered Advantageous)
• Working knowledge of health and safet standards and procedures
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Proven verbal and written communication
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team
• Must be able to think innovatively
• Must be willing to work shifts and extended hours when required
• Must have reliable transport to and from work
• Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
If you are interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via
the Distell Career Portal by logging onto https://www.distell.co.za/careers/
and following: Home > Careers.
We offer a market-related remuneration package, incorporating the valuable
benefits of a large company.
Should you be interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please
apply via the Distell career portal at https://careers.distell.co.za/careers/
vacanciesavailable.aspx, using reference number: 14423.
Closing date: 5 November 2018
If you have not heard from us within one month after the closing date, please
assume that your application was unsuccessful. We hereby thank you for
your application.We hereby thank you for your application.
Your career is your greatest asset, people are ours