Distell Ltd, a leading producer of wines, spirits,
ciders and flavoured alcoholic beverages of
high quality invites applications from suitably
qualified and experienced individuals for the
below mentioned position based in the
Fortified Wines department at the
Reporting to the Winemaker: Fortified Wines, your key performance
areas would include, but are not limited to:
• Performing all final corrections to fortified wine products prior to dispatch • Sampling for the dispatch
department • Monthly stocktaking • Control and handling of dry goods and flavours • Weekly reconciliation of bulk stock and dry goods • Ordering and offloading of dry goods • Controlling the receipts and storage of intrinsic products • Effective control of submerged system • Minimum and maximum stock level checks for dry goods • Responsible for monthly excise accounts, MM – ICC and Excise ICC reports • Daily recording of SAP transactions relevant to department • Controlling the blending of fortified wines and bulk filtration • Assisting with
scale operating functions when required • Team leader of E2 team meetings (Continuous Improvement Programme)• Implementing and sustaining E2 standards (Continuous Improvement Programme) • Effective leadership of the blending team • Maintaining good housekeeping standards • Physical receipting and dispatching as per weekly bulk programme • Management of bulk stock in area of responsibility • Liaising with transporters and internal customers.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• A tertiary level qualification in winemaking or similar
• Minimum 2 – 3 years of cellar operations and winemaking experience
• Computer literacy in the MS Office Suite • Basic SAP knowledge would be an advantage
• Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
• A self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Sound people and time management skills • Excellent interpersonal skills • Excellent
problem-solving skills • Own transport and willingness to work irregular hours
• Punctuality and attendance reliability essential.
If you are interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via
the Distell Career Portal at www.distell.co.za
We offer a market-related remuneration package, incorporating the valuable
benefits of a large company.
Reference number: 15552
Closing Date: 1 March 2019
Distell is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications
from suitably qualified persons. Preference will be given to previously
disadvantaged individuals in line with Distell’s National Employment Equity Plan.
If you have not heard from us within one month after the closing date, please
assume that your application was unsuccessful. We hereby thank you for
Your career is your greatest asset, people are ours