Eastern Cape Liquor Board
(ECLB HEAD OFFICE)
SALARY PACKAGE: MINIMUM – R671 172 • MIDPOINT R838 965 • MAXIMUM R1 006 758 (TOTAL COST TO COMPANY) PATERSON GRADING- D2
Qualifications and Experience: • B.Proc and/LLB Degree as a minimum requirement • Admitted Attorney • Minimum of three years post admission experience • Specialist knowledge of Administrative Law • Good knowledge of Labour Law and Labour Relations Act • A Valid driver’s licence • Computer literacy.
Work experience: • Previous experience in a regulatory and compliance enforcement environment will be an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas:
Advise and provide legal support to all ECLB divisions:
- Preparation and administration of contractual documents used by ECLB, with specific focus on ensuring administrative best practice and maximum risk mitigation
- Draft legal documents, memoranda, reports and submissions
- Provide verbal and written legal opinions on variety of matters
- Provide legal opinion/ advice as and when required by the CEO/Divisional head
- Maintain regular communications with the divisions to identify problems legal processes
- Monitor, vet and respond to all correspondence related to legal matters.
Advice and provide legal support to the Board:
- Provide advice on legislative matters such as ECLA, PFMA, LRA, PAJA, PAIA, King III as well as constitutional and administrative issues
- Scrutinize legislation and subordinate legislation administered by the Board and provide assistance during legislative process
- Represent the Board on appeal matters lodged with the Appeal Committee
- Advice the chairperson of the Board or the Chief Executive Officer on appeals lodged against administrative decision in terms of legislation administered by the Board
- Provide legal opinion/advice and when required by the Board/Audit committee
- Conduct investigations on behalf of the Audit Committee and present proper findings
- Conduct investigation on behalf of the Board (supply irregularities) and present proper findings
- Assist and form part of the consultation process between the Board and Suppliers and ensuring Service Level Agreements are drafted and maintained
- Ad hoc projects.
Licensing committee duties:
- Provide legal advice to the committee
- Investigate and resolve disputes regarding applications
- Ensure compliance with ECLA
Manage and attend to litigious matters on behalf of ECLB:
- Manage and monitor the budget for legal services
- Attending to litigious matters and briefing of counsel in the event of litigation
- Monitor the implementation of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 and the Promotion of Administrative Justice Act, 2000 in the ECLB
- Monitor compliance with all applicable legislation including among others the PFMA and Treasury Regulations
- Provide monthly reports on all pending court matters.
Attend to Labour matters on behalf of ECLB:
- Draft pleadings, affidavits, change sheets for disciplinary processes, correspondence to parties or relevant parties, contracts, etc.
- Attend and represent the ECLB in internal disciplinary hearings, CCMA, court proceedings and disputes resolution
- Maintain relations with parties/ CCMA/Labour Court to promote progressive processes
- Conduct investigations on labour matters on behalf of ECLB
- Attend to grievances on request by CEO.
Conduct information workshops with staff.
Keep an updated legal unit/ library.
Risk Management duties for the ECLB:
- Act as the risk officer for ECLB
- Facilitate the identification of risk for the organization
- Monitoring of risk
- Develop and maintain a consolidated risk register
- Compile of monthly and quarterly risk reports
- Convening Risk Management meetings
- Update consolidated risk register
- Provide training on risk-related matters
- Review risk policies.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
- Presentation to the Eastern Cape Liquor Board.
THE BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT FOR THIS POSITION.
WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
Forward your application letter, CV and certified copies of your certified academic certificates for the attention of: The Chief Executive Officer, Eastern Cape Liquor Board, P O Box 18060, Quigney, 5211 or Hand deliver to: Eastern Cape Liquor Board, Shop No. 10, Beacon Bay Crossing, Beacon Bay 78, 5247.
Faxed and email applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: 22 July 2019.
Enquiries: Masixole Kwinana, on tel: 043 7000 900.