Nelson Mandela University
Librarian: Acquisitions – Bibliographic Services
Post Code: 2162
Department: Library and Information Services
Campus: Port Elizabeth
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Core Job Purpose: To oversee all the operational activities of print acquisitions. To administer sound procurement procedures when purchasing, receiving and making payments of library resource material. To assist the Senior Librarian: Acquisition in the implementation of policies, procedures and processes effectively and efficiently as well as managing and developing the Acquisitions function of NMU LIS of information library resources. To assist the Senior Librarian: Acquisitions in managing the Information Resource Budget and compilation of statistical reports.
Key Performance Areas:
- Administer acquisition processes and procedures
- Financial administration and data capture on ITS, reconciling ITS data with Millennium/SIERRA and monitoring of funds.
- Assist and support the Senior Librarian: Acquisitions.
- Administer the procurement procedure.
- Report writing.
- Experience in applied Financial Accounting and foreign exchange transactions.
- Experience in acquisitions processes and vendor liaison.
- Experience in Report Writing and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills.
- Working experience in using Millennium/SIERRA and ITS.
- Meticulous attention to detail, consistent accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Good judgement and initiative, effective problem solving skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Sound knowledge of the publishing industry.
- Effective communication and teamwork.
- Ability to determine priorities and workflows
- M+3 in Library and Information Science or Financial Management.
- Three years related professional experience in an academic library.
- Financial and procurement experience would serve as an added advantage.
Enquiries: Ms Fa-eeza Grimsel; tel. 041 504 3555 or via e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: 28 July 2019
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved University’s Employment Equity Plan.