Website Endumeni Municipality
The Endumeni Municipality, an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer herewith invites applications from suitably qualified and competent
persons for appointment to the following positions:
DEPARTMENT: PLANNING & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
LIBRARIAN – SITHEMBILE LIBRARY
REMUNERATION: TASK GRADE T11 • NOTICE NO: 184/2018
• SALARY NOTCH: R235 536.00 P.A. • SALARY SCALE: R235 536.00 – R305 736.00 P.A.
• Grade 12 plus a Degree or National Diploma in Library and Information Science
• 3 year’s experience in library environment
• Good general knowledge and Library Training
• Computer literacy
• A valid driver’s licence.
Knowledge, skills & competencies required:
• Be computer literate
• Good communication and administration skills
• Numeracy and communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Self motivated
• Outstanding administrative skills
• Exceptional organizing and planning skills
• Knowledge of local government will be advantageous.
Key performance areas:
• Motivate to the immediate supervisor the need for additional/or replacement of existing asset/resources
• Participate in meetings and presenting information, opinions and advice through reports on the status and service delivery standard of the library, referring to statistical information depicting new enrollments and current user population
• Communicate to personnel through the verbal and written mediums procedural requirements and/
or circulating notices to inform personnel on new interventions/procedures
• Conduct observations of work sequences, monitor adherence to the receipting, storage and loan sequences of library material and determine extent of awareness of specific procedures and/or the need for corrective/
• Maintain and control the issue and replacement of stationery and consumable items necessary for specific activities associated with the Library
• Monitor attendance/conduct and output and address deviations from agree performance indicators through meetings
• Monitor Satellite Library
• Participate in the induction programme and, provide on the job training for new recruits to the department
• Communicate with new and existing users, establish the nature of the enquiry, issue registration forms, new membership cards, attend to the issue/return using Dewey filing system (inserting date stamp on circulation list, checking condition of material, etc.)
All standard Municipal fringe benefits which inter-alia includes a Housing Subsidy, Medical Aid, and
Pension Fund would be applicable to the above post.
The Municipality reserves the right to make enquiries with previous employers and/or references, and
to verify the authenticity of any qualification submitted.
Enquiries regarding the above post can be made with the following person: Mr S.B. Mthembu
– Executive Manager: Corporate Services, on (034) 212 2121/ 087 1505 205 during office hours
Applications on the official application form obtainable obtained from the Endumeni Municipal office
as well as the Municipal Website: (www.endumeni.gov.za), accompanied by concise Curriculum
Vitae with certified copies of ID documents, certificates and driver’s licence must reach Mr S.R. Ntuli,
Municipal Manager, Private Bag X 2024, Dundee, 3000 by no later 22 November 2018.
Should there be no response to an application submitted within 21 days from the closing date, please
consider such application as unsuccessful. E-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered.
Canvassing of any member of the appointment Committee will immediately disqualify applicants.
The Municipal Manager is not obliged to fill these positions.
MR S.R. NTULI: MUNICIPAL MANAGER