The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTES SERVICES ● DISTRIBUTION SERVICES ● INFORMAL SETTLEMENT BASIC SERVICES
MAINTENANCE MANAGER: INFORMAL SETTLEMENT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R912 469 – R1 269 916 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 40/21 ● BELLVILLE
- A B degree or BTech in Built Environment/Civil Engineering
- At least five (5) years’ experience of managing repairs and maintenance to water and sanitation infrastructure
- Informal settlements experience (advantageous)
- Experience in managing depots and depot staff
- Thorough understanding of the disciplinary code and related HR policies and procedures
- A valid driver’s licence
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours.
Key performance areas:
- Coordinating operations and maintenance projects of the citywide water and sanitation districts
- Managing the maintenance and implementation programmes to maintain water and sewerage infrastructure
- Ensuring maintenance and control of all fixed and movable assets of the Informal Settlements Unit
- Providing input in various policies and by-laws including tariff policy, credit control, service level agreements and water services by-laws to promote the objectives of the Department
- Managing human resources of the Informal Settlements Unit
- Ensuring the implementation of best practices in operational programmes and projects
- Managing communication between internal (officials) and external (public, suppliers, contractors and consultants) stakeholders
- Performing tasks associated with the construction and installation of water reticulation networks
- Managing the compilation, control and implementation of minor capital and operating budgets.
CLOSING DATE: 16 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.