City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION ● COMMERCIAL SERVICES
MANAGER: CUSTOMER SERVICES
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 413 788 TO R1 821 962 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 83/21 ● BELLVILLE
- Relevant professional qualification (BTech/first degree)
- Professional registration will be preferred
- Extensive and proven managerial and functional experience
- At least ten (10) years’ extensive managerial experience in a complex operations management environment i.e. managing large customer bases
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and resolving complex management and operational challenges
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Leading a multi-channel, expert team handling and fulfilling the City of Cape Town Water Service Delivery value chain as it relates to water metering operations, customer billing, debt management, effective customer relations management and business analysis functions
- Implementing relevant short-, medium- and long-term (multi-year) strategies and programmes, team productivity and quality targets
- Responsible for delivering industry standard customer services, promptly and effectively as well as maximising first contact resolution and service-oriented culture, building customer trust and improving customer satisfaction
- Enhancing revenue management within the parameters of the City’s Water Strategy (being a water sensitive and resilient City)
- Managing continuous improvement processes, service standards and technology, ensuring that these keep abreast with national and international standards and best business and technology practises e.g. the identification and implementation of an appropriate Automated Meter Reading (AMR) solution for Cape Town in support of the objectives of the IDP, Cape Town Water Strategy as it relates to efficient and sustainable service delivery and customer centricity
- Sound financial management, Supply Chain management and related legislative compliance
- The Manager will join the Water and Sanitation management team
- Participating and providing leadership in different transversal programmes/tasks
- Managing outcomes associated with the utilisation, empowerment, productivity and performance of personnel within the branch.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 25 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.