City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SAFETY AND SECURITY • DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT
MANAGER: DISASTER MANAGEMENT CENTRE
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 282 618 PER ANNUM • REF NO: SS11/21
- A relevant B degree
- Eight (8) years’ senior management experience in a Disaster Risk Management/Emergency Services field, including experience in pro-active disaster risk reduction and reactive disaster response
- A valid driver’s licence
- Willingness to be available at all times and ability to work long hours under all weather conditions at any time of the day and night.
Key performance areas:
- Managing the implementation of National DRM legislation and policy by establishing, maintaining and directing the DRM Centre and Municipal Disaster Risk Management Advisory Forum
- Managing stakeholder participation and engagement in Disaster Risk Management by providing strategic oversight, advice and guidance to various stakeholders
- Managing Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Response and Recovery
- Responsible for forward planning, personnel performance, financial control, contract management and relationship management within the function
- Responsible for all decisions of the Disaster Risk Management Centre in terms of Section 45(2)(a) and (b) and Section 44 of the Disaster Management Act, 57 of 2002
- Managing the implementation of protective actions in the event of a nuclear incident
- Coordinating the management of local disasters that occur or threaten to occur
- Responsible to mitigate disaster severity, ensure emergency preparedness, promote effective response and to ensure the provision of relief during times of disaster.
CLOSING DATE: 9 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.