R484 714.14 p.a. (Task Grade 16) • PERMANENT
• Must have Matric Certificate and Diploma/Degree in Disaster Management/Certificate in Disaster Management
• Minimum of three (3) years’ working in the disaster management section or field within the local Government Sector
• Must have a valid driver’s licence minimum Code B.
Knowledge, skills and competency:
• Computer literacy
• Language Proficiency (English and Zulu)
• Communication skills
• Geographical knowledge of the area of jurisdiction.
• Formulate, align and implement critical objectives encompassed in approved long and short term plans to
guide the functioning and priorities of the Disaster Management
* Evaluating the adequacy of institutional arrangements to support critical requirements as stipulated in the Act and the Municipality’s Disaster Management Framework
* mapping out current and future interventions necessary to sustain and effectively
address all aspects of the disaster continuum
* conducting in depth investigation with a view to establishing the validity and/ or the need for integration of key performance areas to support seamless delivery of disaster management services at district, local and community level
* presenting recommendations, reports and interpretative analysis of
legislation, Bylaws, etc. to the immediate superior, and/or forwarding
specific proposals, motivation and explanations to support review and
approval of amendments of Disaster Management policy directives
• Manage and control the implementation of plans, procedures,
systems and controls associated with risk assessment and monitoring,
Disaster Management planning, recovery and rehabilitation sequences
and, education and awareness interventions, by:
* conducting research to identify appropriate and relevant strategies, programmes
and interventions to guide risk reduction, avoidance and control
* Formulating approaches to direct the scoping and developing of
plans, programmes and projects and initiating sequences to support
integration into strategic internal/external structures and processes
* creating procedures and guidelines to direct and inform processes
associated with disaster assessments, classification and declaration
* developing plans to address response, recovery and relief sequences
and specifying processes to mitigate the effects of unplanned
* initiating and coordinating quality assurance sequences in
respect of monitoring and evaluating the applicability and adequacy
of Disaster Management plans, procedures and strategies
* guiding the development of information management systems to support
the collation, processing and availability of Disaster Management
information and data to facilitate the alignment and/ or introduction
of interventions in order to ensure procedures, systems and controls
contribute to effective management of dimensions encapsulated in
the Disaster Management continuum
* establishing of arrangements for the development and adoption of an integrated disaster
• Participates in processes aimed at providing information, advice and guidance on Disaster Management, by:
* chairing and disseminating information at meetings/committees in respect of specific issues pertaining to the functionality
* maintaining relationships with National, Provincial and Local Government
through interaction on critical aspects associated with identification,
classification and readiness to deal with potential disasters
* engaging with community structures, state departments and
professionals responsible for development with a view to educating
and conveying critical information that complements strategic or
integrated development initiatives
• In order to accurate information is made available enabling and supporting decision making processes
and contributing to collective and common understanding of Disaster
Management strategies and plans.
BENEFITS: 13th Cheque, Leave, 100% Retirement Annuity Fund Contribution by Employer, Pension,
Medical Aid, Housing subsidy for all the above posts or otherwise indicated.
Enquiries can be directed to: Human Resources Officer, tel. (032) 532 5000.
Written application letter together with comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies
of ID, driver’s licence and all qualifications must be forwarded to: The Acting Municipal Manager, Mr M.F. Hadebe, Ndwedwe Local Municipality, P/Bag X 503, Ndwedwe, 4342.
Faxed, e-mailed, Z83 forms and late applications will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE: 22 OCTOBER 2018 OR OTHERWISE INDICATED.
Should you not be contacted within the period of 30 days after the closing date please consider your
The Municipality subscribes and promotes the principles of employment equity and affirmative action.
Women are encouraged to apply.
MR M.F. HADEBE: ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER