The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● WATER AND SANITATION
MANAGER: ENGINEERING AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 539 907– R2 011 125 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 32/21 ● WATER AND SANITATION HEAD OFFICE, BELLVILLE
- B degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Supplementary management qualification (Diploma in Project Management or relevant management qualification)
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience at senior management level
- Extensive experience in asset management, particularly infrastructure management
- Exposure to water and sanitation infrastructure (water and wastewater treatment plant/pump station)
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
Key performance areas:
- Managing reliability of fixed assets for water and sanitation business
- Managing electrical and mechanical engineering programmes
- Ensuring effective process control systems
- Manage availability and utilisation of fleet in the department in collaboration with the corporate fleet
- Managing risk and safety programmes in the Department
- Ensuring effective asset management, quality management and design and contracts programmes for all new capital projects and upgrades
- Managing infrastructure workshop.
CLOSING DATE: 16 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.