City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES ● FLEET MANAGEMENT
MANAGER: FLEET ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 203 411 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: CS 155/22
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree/BTech qualification or an academic National Diploma with 360 credits, combined with proven competence and experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ direct functional experience coupled with extensive managerial experience
- A valid driver’s licence
- Excellent track record managing fleet operations, supported by a customer centric culture
- Knowledge of Road Traffic Act will serve an advantage.
Key performance areas:
- Manage the fleet administration section by providing leadership on implementation and application of relevant policies and procedures
- Manage private hiring of vehicles and plant items to address shortage of items
- Manage the proper execution of fuel dispensing from corporate fleet bulk fuel bowsers and mobile bowsers unit operations
- Manage of road fuelling and on-board computers for the corporate fleet
- Manage auxiliary fleet services like traffic violations, renewal of licenses, etc. for the corporate fleet and the PRDP renewal process for the City of Cape Town drivers
- Manage all human resources matters within the branch such as staffing strategy, training and development, performance management and labour relations
- Manage the budget allocated to fleet operations
- Manage the research, development and implementation of master data governance standards relating to fleet management infrastructure and assets
- Interface with relevant line departments/stakeholders to ensure the effective provision of fleet administrative services
- Manage special projects and reacting to disasters and emergencies.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 24 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.