City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HUMAN SETTLEMENTS • INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS AND BACKYARDERS
MANAGER: INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS UPGRADES
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 282 618 PER ANNUM • REF NO: HSM 09/21
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree or BTech in the Built Environment
- Extensive proven relevant experience of which five (5) years should be at management level
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Directing the implementation of policies and strategies for the department
- Engaging with the Policy and Research Division in order to inform policy for the upgrading of all informal settlements
- Directing the formalisation of the planning and regularisation of tenure of informal settlements
- Directing and ensuring effective overall financial planning and budgetary control
- Directing and overseeing the management and implementation of projects and the provision of technical support to the project management implementation staff
- Directing and overseeing the coordination and integration of service interventions in all informal settlements • Managing personnel within the planning and engineering section.
CLOSING DATE: 9 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.