Website Knysna Municipality
Knysna Municipality strives to maintain its position as a premier tourist destination in South Africa – a place where peace, prosperity and harmony prevail, ensuring an exceptional lifestyle for residents and visitors alike.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals with enthusiasm for the following career opportunity in our dynamic organisation:
MANAGER: INTEGRATED HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
DIRECTORATE: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
Task Level 16
R491 448 to R637 824 per annum (Basic Salary)
R694 175 to R883 234 per annum (Cost to council package)
Applicable Municipal benefits will apply.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- B degree in Public Administration/Development Studies or related field
- At least five (5) years’ relevant middle management experience in administration of housing
- Certificate in Municipal Finance Management (SAQA Qualification) or the ability to acquire the qualification within the statutory timeframe
- Proven computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid Code B driver’s licence.
- 5 years’ project management related experience • Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three Western Cape official Languages
- Planning, organising and reporting skills
- Customer relationship management and conflict resolution.
Key performance areas:
- Managing the human settlements planning and administration function in alignment with the IDP and service delivery objectives of Knysna Municipality
- Strategic planning for human settlements delivery and beneficiary allocations
- Preparing departmental budget and implementing and reporting on the SDBIP
- Personnel and performance management
- Consultation with government departments and public on human settlements related matters
- Policy development and implementation.
All applications will be considered but in terms of its Employment Equity Plan the Municipality would prefer to appoint an African, Coloured or Indian Female or African or Indian Male if a suitable candidate in that category can be identified.
Direction to candidates:
All applicants MUST complete a Knysna Municipality application form. Applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV with certified copies of qualifications (not older than 3 months), copies of training, experience, competency and previous employment record. Canvassing for appointment is strictly prohibited and any confirmation thereof will disqualify the candidate.
Application forms are obtainable from Reception at the Main Municipal Offices in Clyde Street, Knysna and the Municipal website: www.knysna.gov.za Completed applications should be forwarded to the Human Resource Department, PO Box 21, Knysna 6570 or fax: 044 302 6333 or email: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Correspondence will ONLY be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Should candidates not be contacted within three months after the closing date, they may accept their application as unsuccessful.
Closing date: 23 APRIL 2019
Dr SW VATALA
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.