City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MANAGER: NETWORK INTEGRATION
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM: R1 539 907 PER ANNUM • REF NO: TRA 05/21
- A Transport Engineering degree and Registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa as a Professional Engineer
- Extensive transport engineering experience, including ten (10) years’ senior management experience linked to public transport engineering and project implementation.
Key performance areas:
- Setting the public transport operations standard, directing the rollout and implementation of that standard and monitoring compliance as well as regularly benchmarking this standard for further rollout and improvement, to ensure sustainability and synergy in approach of public transport operations and related linkage services, facilities and systems
- Determination of the specification and/ or review of road-based scheduled public transport vehicles, including for BRT, quality bus and minibus-taxi services
Determination of vehicle, system and operations standards for rail-based public transport and the integration mechanisms between road and rail-based public transport
- Managing, monitoring and oversight of the road-based vehicles (and ultimately rail) of all scheduled public transport according to predetermined standards
- Managing and implementing the transportation network integration projects, processes and programmes
- Setting up the asset management system as well as implementation and oversight of the asset management system for all scheduled public transport vehicles in terms of safety standards, maintenance compliance and other predetermined standards
- Managing the branch staff, budgets and risk management.
CLOSING DATE: 12 March 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.