City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT ● PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
MANAGER: PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 162 715 TO R1 571 939 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: SPE 19/21 ● CIVIC CENTRE, CAPE TOWN
- Appropriate professional/technical degree and project management qualification
- At least eight (8) years’ relevant experience, with a minimum of four (4) years’ managerial experience
- Strong functional and project management experience with a clear understanding of the need for integration between planning, operations and project management in a matrix organisation
- Registration with a relevant professional body
- Change management, communication, relationship building and strategic problem solving skills
- Data analysis and MS Excel proficiency
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Driving project delivery and achievement of associated targets
- Management, monitoring and evaluation of multiple projects of various levels of risk and complexity
- Screening and performing stage gate management of projects as per the PPM SOP, including to chair the Project Stage Gate Review Committee
- Supporting the strategy and budget processes, including the coordination of the Directorate Investment Committee
- Providing high-level advisory and a consulting service on policy and strategy matters
- Collaborating with the Enterprise PMO to implement and improve project, programme and portfolio management systems and processes
- Collaborating with the Enterprise PMO to improve the project and engineering management maturity
- Overseeing quarterly project reviews and portfolio monitoring and progress reporting, against key objectives
- Analysing portfolio data to identify trends, areas of risk and areas of improvement, towards corrective action
- Compiling reports, liaise with internal and external stakeholders and be accountable for the governance processes
- Providing support towards proper planning, developing and coordinating programmes and projects and intervening to enhance project implementation
- Providing project, programme and portfolio management guidance and decision support to successful implementation of programmes and projects through customised methodologies.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 25 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.