City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MANAGER: PUBLIC TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 539 907 PER ANNUM • REF NO: TRA 09/21
- BSc or BTech in Civil Engineering
- A postgraduate qualification in Transport Engineering will receive preference
- Registered with ECSA as PrEng or PrTechEng
- At least five (5) years’ experience in design and construction oversight of transport engineering projects with a strong focus on public transport, and five (5) years’ plus experience in management
Key performance areas:
- Managing preliminary and detailed design and construction oversight of road-based public transport facilities and their interface where applicable to the rail network, as well as dedicated public transport rights of way and non-motorised transport
- Responsible for the overall planning and design of the entire road-based public transport network and related facilities to acceptable unified standards
- Responsible for the infrastructure component of MyCiti across the City of Cape Town.
CLOSING DATE: 9 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.