Meat Market Manager
The purpose of this position is to manage the Meat Market against existing
quality and production standards.
In this management position your responsibilities in the Meat Market
• performing people management functions
• ensuring client satisfaction of all Meat Market customers
• ensuring product and stock availability through effective planning
• taking responsibility for all quality control activities
• managing the administrative functions
• performing stock management functions
• managing all hygiene and safety activities
• conduct various ad hoc responsibilities to assist the team.
Requirements for this position:
• Grade 12/Senior certificate or equivalent qualification (NQF 4)
• previous management experience • experience of the meat industry
• knowledge of meat market hygiene and safety standards
• knowledge of meat cuts/products
• knowledge of the operation of meat market equipment
• excellent numeracy and literacy skills
• ability to work under pressure
• ability to work in a team
• an understanding of customer service principles
• willingness and availability to work flexible retail trading hours.
In addition to the above a Blockman NQF 3 qualification and basic first aid
knowledge will be desirable.
Applicants who do not meet all the requirements will not be considered for
In addition to excellent career opportunities, the Shoprite Group offers marketrelated
remuneration packages, which include attractive benefits.
To apply, forward your CV, covering
letter, certified copies of your ID and
qualifications, in confidence to:
Closing date: 30 December 2018
If you have not received a response within four
weeks after submitting your application, please
accept that other applicants were more suitable
for the job.
The Shoprite Group promotes and
applies the principles of Employment
Equity and additionally, reserves the
right not to make an appointment.