Website Western Cape Government - Department of Health
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
REMUNERATION: R96 549 PER ANNUM
SERVICE BENEFITS: 13TH CHEQUE, EMPLOYER’S CONTRIBUTION TO THE PENSION FUND, HOUSING AND MEDICAL AID ALLOWANCE
Requirements: Minimum requirement: Basic literacy and numeracy.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to pick up heavy bags filled with post/goods
- Valid Code B/EB driver’s licence and Public Driving Permit (PDP).
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Daily collection and delivery of all post within and outside of the hospital
- Sorting of post in registry
- Collect blood samples from wards
- Collect and deliver prescriptions and medication to and from the pharmacy
- Collect and deliver files documents and forms to and from various sections
- Assist with driving duties on and off the Hospital premises
- Perform other general tasks as required.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a practical test.
Enquiries: Mr G van Wyk, tel. 021 940 4427
Closing Date: 18 April 2019
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ATTENTION OF MR C SOLOMONS, TO THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER: STIKLAND HOSPITAL, PRIVATE BAG X13, BELLVILLE 7530.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za)must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated in the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.