The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● COMMERCIAL SERVICES ● CUSTOMER SERVICES
HEAD: METER MANAGEMENT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 162 715 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 107/21
- Relevant B degree/ BSc/ BEng/ BTech preferably in Civil/Mechanical/Water Engineering
- Project/contract management qualifications an advantage
- Registration as a Professional Engineer/Technologist would be an advantage
- Eight (8) years’ relevant experience
- Management of staff
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Identifying and defining the immediate, short- and long-term objectives related to providing a well-functioning meter management function for the City
- Providing strategic leadership and personnel Management
- Accountable for effective metering management services that fully contribute to water revenue protection and growth in line with the City’s meter management master plan
- Accurate water meter testing and verification
- Managing contractor and supplier services and contractor performance
- Ensuring all water meter management related data and statistics are accurately maintained and reported on
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the branch in line with City and Directorate
- Responsible for verifying compliance and implementing policies, procedures and practices and instituting the necessary corrective measures to address and rectify deviations.
- Managing the continuous improvement of processes, service standards, and technolog
- Responsible for City-wide, complex meter related capital and operational projects and programmes, ensuring appropriate metering technology is implemented and maintained
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.