Mandeni Local Municipality
MANAGEMENT INTERN (2 POSTS)
Salary Scale: R96 000.00 p.a.
No Municipal benefits will apply (pension, medical aid, etc.) and applicants are
required to make their own arrangements in respect thereof
This post requires dedicated and highly motivated people who have obtained a
3 years tertiary qualification to participate in an Internship Programme that seeks
to capacitate recent graduates for a career in Local Government Finance. This
internship is the initiative of the National Treasury with the objective to help build
sufficient strategic management capacity at Local Government Level.
A training programme is currently being developed which will expose the successful
applicants to all facets of Local Government-related financial services. It must be
noted that at the conclusion of the internship contract period the Municipality is
neither obliged to extend the contract period to offer permanent employment.
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree with Majors in Accounting, Economics and/or Auditing, or a relevant three year tertiary qualification in Accounting
• Computer literacy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Willingness to learn more while working under pressure.
Key performance areas:
• Perform basic accounting functions
• Assist in interpreting finance legislation and policies
• Process invoice payment
• Verify the source of information and capture it into the computer system
• Assist in managing the interface between the departmental payroll and accounting system
• Assist in controlling expenditure and revenue
• Assist in expenditure management and
reconciliation of grants
• Train in all sections of the Budget and Treasury Office.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
A signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together
with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and
Identity Document, must be forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, P O Box
132, Ixopo 3276 by not later than 16h30 on 17 August 2018. Faxed applications
will not be accepted. If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the
closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be directed to: The HR Officer, Ms B. Nondabula at (039)
Council reserves the right not to make any appointment into the above
G.M. SINEKE – MUNICIPAL MANAGER