Umkhanyakude District Municipality
UMKHANYAKUDE DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
UMASIPALA WESIFUNDA UMKHANYAKUDE
4 YEAR FIXED-TERM PERFORMANCE CONTRACT
Salary: Category 3 District Municipality (Salary to be negotiated)
• An appropriate Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration,
Municipal Administration or relevant NQF Level 07
• Extensive senior management
experience (minimum of 5 years’) preferably in local government
• Knowledge of applicable local government prescripts
• Proven ability to negotiate and communicate at all spheres and levels of government
• Proven ability to offer visionary, innovative and strategic leadership to diverse stakeholders including all
spheres of government, the community and the private sector
• Proven ability to drive transformation
• Valid Code EB driver’s licence.
• Financial management, change management, service delivery
innovation, knowledge management, problem solving and analytical thinking,
people and diversity management, client orientation and customer focus,
communication, accountability and ethical conduct.
• Knowledge of strategic financial and performance management, operational financial management, supply
chain management, audit and accountability, the Constitutional requirements for
local government and local government legislation, local government powers and
functions, including assignment of national and provincial functions, developmental
local government, performance management and reporting, sophisticated
understating of the global, national and regional context in which the Municipality
operates, sophisticated understating of the local, regional national and international
political context, legislation, Policy and implementation, expert knowledge in
more than one functional field/discipline.
• Skills in analytical thinking, policy conceptualization and implementation, conflict management, risk and change management, mediations skills, diversity management, strategic leadership and
management, project management, governance, ethics and values.
• Provide ethically correct advice to the Mayor and the Council
• See to it that Council decisions and policies are implemented in full and in good
• Render strategic leadership during development, implementation and
monitoring of the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and Performance Management
System (PMS) by providing suitable performance indicators
• Establish, develop and manage an economically viable, effective and accountable administration
• Take full responsibility of sound financial management
• Develop personnel
• Coordinate andmanage Intergovernmental Relations (IGR) to ensure sound cooperative governance
• Represent the Municipality at Provincial and National Forums
• Manage the Municipality’s administration in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of
South Africa, the Local Government Municipal Structures Act, the Local Government
Municipal Systems Act, the Local Government Municipal Finance Management Act
and all other applicable provincial and national legislations
• Appoint, manage and effectively utilize as well as train and maintain staff and all discipline
• Promote labour relations.
Enquires may be directed to: The Manager: Human Resources, Mr A.B. Buthelezi,
on tel. (035) 573 8700 during office hours.
Note: Qualification and SA citizenship checks will be conducted on all short-listed
candidates. Successful candidates will be subjected to competency, psychometric
assessments, security clearance and other additional checks. It is the applicant’s
responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African
Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The successful candidate will be required to sign an
employment contract before commencement of duty, a performance agreement and
disclosure of financial interest.
Applications should be made on the Application Form for Employment which
can be obtained from the Municipality or downloaded from the Municipal
website (www.ukdm.gov.za) Completed application forms, comprehensive
CV, CPMD and certified copies of certificates, Identity Document and driver’s
licence should be forwarded to: UMkhanyakude District Municipality, P O Box
449, Mkuze, 3965.
CLOSING DATE: 28 SEPTEMBER 2018.
Please note that applications received by fax or e-mail transmission will not
The Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment. Should you not
be contacted within thirty (30) days from the closing date, your application shall be
deemed to have been unsuccessful.
MR N.T. DLUDLA: ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER
The Municipality hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates,
who are innovative, hard-working, committed and passionate about the
Municipality deliverables; to apply for the following position which is based at
MKUZE MAIN OFFICES, KWAZULU-NATAL NORTH COAST.