Website Zululand Municipality
Zululand District Municipality
The Zululand District Municipality situated in Ulundi is an equal opportunity employer
and subscribes to an affirmative action programme which is non-racist, nonsexist,
non-discriminatory and based on merit organisation. We offer the following
challenging position to a dynamic individual of stature and maturity who can further
the image of the District Municipality in all it’s facets.
(FOUR YEAR FIXED TERM PERFORMANCE-BASED CONTRACT)
Salary: Minimum R985 303.00 – Midpoint R1 132 533.00 –
Maximum R1 297 762.00 p.a. (all inclusive)
Applications are awaited from experienced candidates for the position of the Municipal
Manager to assist the Zululand District Municipality reporting directly to the Mayor.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration/Political Science/Social
Science/Law or equivalent
• Minimum competency levels as set out in Government Gazette
Number 29967 dated 15 June 2007
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in senior
management level and have proven successful institutional transformation within public or
• A valid driver’s licence.
Knowledge and skills:
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation
• Extensive understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
• Advanced understanding of council operations and delegation of powers
• Good governance
• Audit and risk management establishment and functionality; and budget
and finance management
• Computer literacy.
Key performance areas:
• Comply with the functions of the Municipal Manager as prescribed
in Section 55 of the Municipal Systems Act, 32 of 2000
• Equipped to carry out task of implementing the Municipality’s Integrated Development
• Operate in accordance with the Municipality’s Performance Management System
• Responsive to the needs of the community to participate in the affairs of the Municipality
• Execute any functions delegated by the Council in terms of delegation of powers and related functions of this post.
Applications are to be submitted on a prescribed application form obtainable on
www.zululand.org.za consisting of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of; educational
qualifications, driver’s licence and Identity Document to be submitted to: The Mayor,
Zululand District Municipality, Private Bag X76, Ulundi, 3838 or hand delivered to the
Registry Office at Zululand District Municipality Head Office, Ulundi. (Faxed, Z83 and
e-mailed applications will NOT be considered.)
Further information can be obtained from: The Human Resources Section, at tel. (035)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that his/her foreign qualifications have been
verified by the South African Qualifications Authority and supply the Municipality with the
evaluation results. If you do not hear from us within two (2) months after the closing date,
please accept that your application was unsuccessful and correspondence will be entered into
with shortlisted candidates only. Canvassing of councillors and management will result in the
disqualification of the applicant. The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS OF APPLICATIONS: 28 SEPTEMBER 2018.
THE MAYOR: CLLR. TD BUTHELEZI