Ubuhlebezwe Municipality with its seat in Ixopo invites applications from
suitably qualified persons for appointment to the following positions.
MUNICIPAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT INTERN
• 2 POSTS • TWO YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Salary Scale: R100 000.00 p.a.
No Municipal benefits will apply (pension, medical aid, etc.) and
applicants are required to make their own arrangements in this respect.
This post requires dedicated and highly motivated people who have obtained a
3 year tertiary qualification to participate in an Internship Programme that seeks
to capacitate recent graduates for a career in Local Government Finance. This
internship is the initiative of the National Treasury with the objective to help build
sufficient strategic management capacity at Local Government Level.
A training programme is currently being developed which will expose the successful
applicants to all facets of Local Government-related financial services. It must be
noted that at the conclusion of the internship contract period the Municipality is
neither obliged to extend the contract period to offer permanent employment.
• A Bachelor of Commerce degree with Majors in Accounting, Economics and/or Auditing, or a relevant three year tertiary qualification in Accounting
• Computer literacy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Willingness to learn more while working under pressure.
Key performance areas:
• Perform basic accounting functions
• Assist in interpreting finance legislation and policies
• Process invoice for payment
• Verify the source of information and capture it into the computer system
• Assist in managing the interface between the departmental payroll and accounting system
• Assist in controlling expenditure and revenue
• Assist in expenditure management and reconciliation of grants
• Train in all sections of the Budget and Treasury Office.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
A signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, together
with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates
and Identity Document, must be forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, P. O.
Box 132, Ixopo 3276 by not later than 16h00 on 16 November 2018. Faxed
applications will not be accepted. If you do not hear from Council within 30
days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be directed to the HR Officer, Ms B. Nondabula at (039)
Council reserves the right not to make any appointment into the above
G.M. SINEKE: MUNICIPAL MANAGER
BUDGET AND TREASURY OFFICE