The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES – HUMAN RESOURCES
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
BASIC SALARY: R417 967 PER ANNUM – REF NO: CS 51/21
- Qualifications in General Nursing that allows registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse
- BTech degree/diploma in Occupational Health (OH) Nursing
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience in OH
- Certification in Audiometry, including instruction 171 and registration with SASOHN as an Audiometrist
- Certification in Spirometry
- Working knowledge of relevant Occupational Health Acts and Regulations
- Computer literacy
- A valid Code EB/B driver’s licence
- Valid registration with the SANC (additional OH qualification must appear on SANC receipt).
Key performance areas:
- Providing a comprehensive and high quality OH Service to the Organisation as a whole
- Conducting medical examinations, audiometry, vision screening, spirometry and immunisations on City of Cape Town employees to ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and other related legislation
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to promote and provide Occupational Health advice
- Providing health education and awareness to employees of the City
- Providing record management, quality control and related clinic administration
- Managing and coordinating ill-health incapacity cases in line with relevant legislation and the City of Cape Town’s ill-health incapacity policy
- Conducting onsite health risk assessments to establish an exposure risk profile and adequate medical surveillance programme
- Identifying and prioritising areas of research and participating in research programmes to keep abreast with the latest Occupational Health trends.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 30 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.