City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND HEALTH ● RECREATION AND PARKS
SENIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AND PMO (CONTRACTS)
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R840 607 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: RP 06/21 ● CAPE TOWN CIVIC CENTRE
- Qualified legal practitioner – LLB qualification with admission as an attorney
- MFMA Minimum Competency Qualification, in depth supply chain management and public procurement knowledge would be a definite advantage
- Up to seven (7) years’ experience within the legal, compliance fields
- Experience in contract law and contract management
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to Local Government operations and service delivery obligations
- Excellent analytical abilities, attention to detail, communication and report writing skills
- Highly proficient computer skills
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing, facilitating and guiding the development, management and performance of contracts, agreements, regulatory frameworks and alternative service delivery mechanisms relating to services and service delivery
- Providing, facilitating and implementing professional guidance and understanding of the regulatory frameworks pertaining to:
- The development and management of services and operational contracts and service agreements;
- The formulation of Departmental Service Delivery Strategies and Policies
- Provides operational risk management by ensuring departmental compliance to corporate services requirements
- Performing a range of diverse functions including:
- Training interventions relating to City policies, directives and/or regulatory frameworks;
- Compiling of documents for purpose of legal proceedings or litigation;
- Preparation of process recording and documentation for Supply Chain Management appeal proceedings;
- Formulating formal responses to complainants relating to service delivery issues.
- Facilitating resolutions relating to risk management and non-compliance and general risk and compliance management.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 11 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.