City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SAFETY AND SECURITY • FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICES
BASIC SALARY: R369 348 PER ANNUM • REF NO: SS10/21 • VARIOUS FIRE STATIONS
- A Higher Certificate in Fire Technology or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of six (6) years’ firefighting experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ proven supervisory experience at Senior Firefighter level in a recognised Fire Service
- A valid Code C1 driver’s licence and valid PrDP
- Pump Operator course
- In dated First Aid Level 3 or higher medical level, registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa
- No criminal record.
Note: Applicants must be prepared to:
- Participate in a simulated emergency incident management assessment
- Work shifts and in hazardous environments
- Work at any fire station in the City of Cape Town Municipal area or any designated section of the Fire and Rescue Service as determined by the Chief Fire Office.
Key performance areas:
- Dealing with emergency incidents and other humanitarian services
- Attending to firefighting displays and associated campaigns
- Communicating information relating to fire safety
- Conducting fire safety inspections
- Ensuring compliance with prescribed equipment maintenance schedules and effecting repairs where possible in order to contribute to ensure operational readiness and reduction of damage to equipment
- Ensuring compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Assisting the Station Commander in preparing station estimates
- Compiling and preparing reports
- Undertaking supervisory and line functional personnel-related functions.
CLOSING DATE: 9 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.