Nelson Mandela University
Practitioner: Career Resource
Post Code: 2118
Department: Student Counselling
Campus: Port Elizabeth
South Africa, Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Nelson Mandela University is a new generation university, committed to offering accessible higher education in a dynamic environment of excellence and innovation. We are committed to the growth and development of our people as the key to our continued excellence and quality.
Core Job Purpose: To provide appropriate and effective student counselling, career and development programmes and service delivery to the NMMU communities as directed in accordance with the mission of the Centre.
Key Performance Areas:
- To provide a professional psychological counsellor service to students of NMMU related to their academic, career and personal/emotional/social well-being
- To promote and maintain a supportive organisational environment through a professional resource service to own and other units, individual staff members and departments in the institution at all levels and to network with external partners
- To deliver these services by means of direct counselling services, consultation, training and media communication.
- An understanding of and experience in student counselling, career and development programmes and services with regard to student access and throughput principles and best practice
- An understanding of the counselling and resource needs of students
- Proven counselling and psychological assessment skills
- Strong networking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven attributes of transparency, integrity and teamwork
- Psych. degree or equivalent in psychology
- Registered Counsellor
- At least 2 years’ experience in which competence has been gained.
Enquiries: Ms Fa-eeza Grimsel; tel. 041 504 3555 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: 28 July 2019
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved University’s Employment Equity Plan.