City of Cape Town
CITY OF CAPE TOWN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
SAFETY AND SECURITY • EVENTS
Principal Film Officer
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 TO R1 427 026 PER ANNUM • REF NO: SS 51/21
- Relevant BTech or first degree
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience within the film industry
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s licence
- Must work outside of normal working hours
- Must travel to various locations for work purposes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines within specified timeframes
- Ability to engage a range of stakeholders
- Understanding film in the public sector context would be advantageous
- Background within film commission/entity would be advantageous.
Key performance areas:
- Film industry development that includes defining and packaging appropriate interventions in collaboration with strategic internal and external stakeholders
- Managing and leading the promotion of Cape Town to local, national and international stakeholders
- Managing the film support processes
- Managing funding and resource allocation of the City’s Film Office
- Responsible for the implementation of the City’s film strategy
- Development and implementation of strategic film projects, systems, policies and procedures
- Maximising film benefits for the City through stakeholder engagement and management
- Participating in tradeshows, trade missions, events and communication about the development of the film industry with stakeholder organisations
- Welcoming productions to the Cape Town by providing services, resources and information to companies who wish to bring productions to the area, with the purpose of nurturing a sustainable business climate.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 12 November 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.