The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE • BULK SERVICE • WASTE WATER TREATMENT
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 – R1 427 026 PER ANNUM • REF NO: WS 65/21 • BELLVILLE
- A BSc/BEng/BTech Degree in Civil Engineering or other engineering degree with postgraduate coursework in wastewater process and design
- Professional registration or eligible for registration as a Pr.Eng/Pr.Tech (advantageous)
- Process design of wastewater treatment facilities will be advantageous together with project management experience at a technical/engineering field
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience in Project management at a senior level in the water field
- Computer Literacy in MS Applications, SAP, MS Projects, SAP Project Systems (PS) and/or SAP Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Providing project management and engineering design services for the development, construction and commissioning of wastewater treatment facilities
- Researching the problem to prepare a report with recommendation and costs
- Outsourced design: compiling specifications for tenders for consultants
- Reviewing the contract documentation as prepared by the consultants
- Reviewing the tenders
- Preparing the report for supply chain management committee for their adjudication of offers
- Serving as chairman of project steering committees and employer’s representative at the site meetings
- Serving on bid evaluation committees
- Liaising with the quantity surveyors to enable prospective renderers to tender on the project
- General contract administration
- Financial management
- Scrutinising contract and service provider payment certificates
- Establishing and analysing the cash flow requirements of the project finances
- Preparing capital and operating impact within a planned project and managing and controlling expenditure against the approved budget allocations.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 4 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.