City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY AND CLIMATE CHANGE ● SUSTAINABLE ENERGY MARKETS
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: BULK ALTERNATIVE ELECTRICITY PROCUREMENT
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: NRG 30/21
- BSc/BTEch degree in Engineering
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant postgraduate professional experience
- Specialised knowledge of power generation technologies including renewable energy and energy storage, electricity transmission and distribution systems, electricity legislation, electricity tariffs, contract management, supply chain management (SCM) processes and the Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA)
- Highly proficient in a project development, engineering design and project management environment
- Highly proficient in compiling and managing capital and operating budgets
- Sound knowledge of occupational health, safety and environmental management practices
- Code B driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Significantly contributing to the identification and definition of the immediate, short- and long-term objectives of the Generation Development branch and SEM Department
- Directing and controlling outcomes and performance of personnel within the section of the Generation Development branch
- Preparing capital and operating estimates, and controlling expenditure against the approved budget allocations
- Formulating and developing specific contracts and tender documents and controlling contractual obligations
- Overseeing project implementation
- Disseminating operational information on the immediate; short- and long-term objectives and current developments, problems and constraints
- Ensuring administrative sequences dictating reporting requirements and approval procedures are complied with and correspondence responded to through the provision of accurate information on the activities of the section throughout the Cape Town metropolitan area.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 11 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.