City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: DEVELOPMENT FACILITATION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT (CIVIL ENGINEER)
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM • REF NO: TRA 12/21
FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM • REF NO: TRA 12/21
- An appropriate four-year tertiary qualification in the civil engineering field
- Professional registration with ECSA
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ appropriate professional technical and managerial experience in the management of professional staff within the design and construction management of municipal services
- Appropriate professional technical experience in the assessment of land-use applications and commenting in respect of engineering services
- Extensive knowledge of civil engineering design standards relating to roads and stormwater infrastructure, traffic engineering, project management and town planning principles
- Good knowledge of town planning and environmental legislation applicable to land-use development
- Civil engineering project management experience
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Managing a team of professionals, including senior professional officers, technicians and students
- Managing, coordinating and providing input on all land-use and development applications ensuring integration of development policies, road geometrics and stormwater design standards
- Providing input and facilitating of development meetings with developers and/or their professional consultants
- Managing the compilation and prioritisation of schedules of candidate projects and needs-based budgets for the implementation of roads and stormwater related infrastructure
- Implementing and project managing capital budget projects for the provision of new and/or upgraded infrastructure
- Managing the district development facilitation (DF) and project management (PM) function.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 11 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.