City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY AND CLIMATE CHANGE ● ELECTRICITY GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION ● INTERNAL SYSTEM SUPPORT
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: ENTERPRISE ASSET MANAGEMENT (EAM) CUSTODIAN – PLANNED WORK
(THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT OF REF NO: NRG 18/20; CANDIDATES WHO APPLIED PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT RE-APPLY)
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: NRG 33/21
- BEng or BSc degree in Electrical Engineering OR BTech degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Registered Professional Engineer or eligible for registration or Registered Professional Engineering Technologist or eligible for registration
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ postgraduate technical and managerial experience with extensive exposure to a technical equipment engineering environment
- A valid Code B driver’s licence
- Excellent SAP plant maintenance module knowledge and skills
- Sound master data governance knowledge
- Excellent business process design skills
- Sound change management abilities
- Excellent technical and personnel management skills
- Sound project management skills
- Knowledge of safety legislation and practice.
Key performance areas:
- Managing and executing the research, development, standardisation and implementation of master data elements and master data governance standards related to EAM planned work on Electricity infrastructure assets, including maintenance strategy implementation and master data continual improvement
- Managing and participating in the creation, maintenance and improvement of standardised EAM business processes relating to the maintenance of Electricity infrastructure assets
- Monitoring and managing the monitoring of Electricity EAM related process performance, conducting technical investigations into process defects or failures, audit master data quality, monitoring master data change activity, ensuring EAM KPIs are published and providing general EAM process and master data support
- Managing and delivering the provision of EAM related master data and business process support to Electricity infrastructure asset owning personnel and business process stakeholders
- Participating in the management of the Electricity EAM Internal System Support Section, including planning, organising, directing, controlling and administering technical and non-technical functions of the section and personnel management.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 25 June 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.