The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HUMAN SETTLEMENTS ● INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: PLANNING
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: HSM 22/21 ● CIVIC CENTRE, CAPE TOWN
- Relevant B degree
- Up to six (6) years’ relevant experience
- Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Supervising, facilitating, managing and compiling of land use applications for informal settlement upgrading projects (brownfield and greenfield sites), and emergency housing projects.
- Providing detailed layout designs, coordination and packaging of initiatives for informal settlements upgrading application
- Coordinating the facilitation of participation of relevant stakeholders in the identification development and programming of strategic planning projects
- Preparing, coordinating and managing the planning application relating to the packaging of projects to get development approvals
- Providing input on multi-year budget requirements in order to ensure effective overall financial planning process
- Developing planning project briefing and specification documents for the appointment of a professional team
- Managing the personnel within the Informal Settlements Planning; Area West.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 23 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.