The City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ENERGY AND CLIMATE CHANGE ● ELECTRICITY GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: SCADA FIELD SERVICES
TCOE SALARY: COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: NRG 16/21
- A relevant BEng/BSc/BTech degree
- At least eight (8) years’ post-qualification relevant SCADA field services experience
- Registered Professional Engineer/Professional Engineering Technician or eligible for registration
- A valid Code B/EB driver’s licence
- Experience in the testing of remote terminal units (RTUs) and communication devices
- Managerial experience
- Financial management
- Project management
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Physically fit and able-bodied
- Cannot be colour-blind
Key performance areas:
- Expanding and developing the SCADA system visibility as required within the organisation, such as investigating, analysing and implementation of new RTU technologies and their application within the SCADA outstation and high voltage/medium voltage network environment
- Maintaining the SCADA RTUs and communication infrastructure, including performing preventative and defect maintenance of the SCADA. RTU, power supplies and communication infrastructure installed base
- Project management involving the management of the formulation of SCADA contracts and tender documents and controlling contractual obligations
- Preparing annual capital and operating budgets for the section and managing the implementation of financial controls and procedures over expenditure against the approved budget allocations
- Staff development, including coaching, mentoring and encouraging further training and development of staff with regard to the new technologies to improve knowledge, operational experience and providing effective service delivery.
CLOSING DATE: 16 April 2021
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.