City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WATER AND WASTE ● COMMERCIAL SERVICES ● CUSTOMER SERVICES
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: SENIOR PROJECT AND CONTRACT MANAGER
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 TO R1 427 026 PER ANNUM ● REF NO: WS 93/21
- Relevant B degree/ BSc/BEng/BTech preferably in Civil/Mechanical/Water Engineering/ Quantity Surveying
- Project/contract management qualifications
- Registration as a Professional Engineer/Technologist would be an advantage
- Eight (8) years’ relevant experience
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Identifying, defining and undertaking immediate-, short- and long-term planning associated with Customer Service Branch programmes/projects design and initiation
- Engaging, facilitating and managing both internal role players, other departments and the various other relevant entities during the initial scoping/design phase of projects
- Executing procurement in collaboration with CoCT SCM
- Utilising programme/project specific monitoring, evaluating and reporting (ME&R) tools
- Managing financial controls of the programme/project
- Managing quality assurance on all deliverables
- Ensuring adherence to legislation, regulations and policies which have direct bearing on contract management in municipalities
- Managing the delivery of the contract to ensure contract objectives/deliverables are achieved
- Managing and encouraging people, optimising their outputs and effectively managing relationships to achieve branch and municipal goals
- Managing document control to ensure that information requirements are met in that records are auditable, complete and accurate.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 9 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.